Sunday, August 05, 2007

Wrist PDA kept on

I'm still using the Abacus Wrist PDA I reviewed back in 2005 and 2006. Though they've long been off the market, it's still as useful as a Palm V is beautiful. I still carry a Tungsten T3 and sometimes a LifeDrive, but there are many times when those remain in a bag in the car. I can't tell how many times I've been at the pharmacy or in an office and needed access to some crucial number, and it was as close as my wrist. I still think it's a little big, especially for my skinny wrist, but its utility is undeniable. I still fantasize about making a different case for the little PDA inside, but I don't have that kind of time. Seems like I could use epoxy to make a usable casing, but given the stresses that are put on a watch, I think I'd have to go through several iterations to come up with a serviceable solution.

I have also decommissioned the Abacus SPOT watch, though I liked it too. Personal info is more important than a smattering of news. To see my story on Brighthand, filed early last year, check out these two links. You'll have to come back to see Part II, because Brighthand's internal link is broken at the bottom of Part I.

A Year with Fossil's Tech Watches, Part I
A Year with Fossil's Tech Watches, Part II

No comments: